Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day 1 Part 1

A close friend of mine has been playing Second Life for some time, and last night, she finally Convinced me to join. She also suggested I write about my experiences so here goes nothing.

I went over to the web site, signed up for my avatar, actually it was a pretty painless process, and now, I exist in virtual space as Bill Broadmoor. I followed their instructions and wound up buying a "premium" account, it comes with a house, and everyone needs a house right? I then downloaded the recommended viewer and logged in, this is where the fun begins!

I found myself in an underwater dome with a bunch of other suckers..err...new residents, and there were signs everywhere saying DO THIS DO IT DO IT! I went along, had a conversation with a bird, learned how to penguin walk, and followed the landmark to wait for it..wait for it...the MAINLAND!

Now here I am, a baby avatar let loose on the world, not a clue what to do, running around bumping into people, I asked a couple of folks on the landing zone where I should go, what do I do? After a few "Shut up noob figure it outs" I got sent over to a joint called the Gnubie store.
I can tell it will be hard to be a man here, 90% of the free items were for women. I did manage to pick up a bicycle, two shirts and a scarf, then some helpful guy dropped me a halfway decent shape.

Before I joined Second Life, I was first introduced to plurk by the same friend who dragged me into sl, so I had a little "secret knowledge" from the ladies of the old breed. I went back to last nights conversations, found a place called Belleza for "skin" and headed over. While I was standing about waiting for things to appear, I got ran over by a naked girl running like a penguin on speed! This world is going to be fun! I managed to survive my first experience with a premium store, and now I am currently sitting in my house, browsing the web for more information on fixing myself up. Stay tuned! Maybe what I go through will help some fellow just starting out like I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment