Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day 1 Part 2


Some things I have already learned. Do not be afraid to ask questions. The older avatars, the ones who look good, they know where to shop! with the asking of a few questions I managed to lose the penguin walk, get some decent clothes, some decent shoes, and a not half bad head of hair. It will cost you a little bit of money, but with my new found good looks I am ready to take this world by storm.

The residents I spoke to both in world and on plurk sent me to a few different shops. First, it was off the Vista Animations to walk better. I got there and figured they must do a good job, the place was jam packed with avatars, mostly women dragging a bunch of guys that looked like me and waddled like me around. I picked up one of the cheaper Animation Overrides, I figure I have a grace period where my noobdom allows me to get away on the cheap side for a few weeks while I build up my cash balance. From Vista one of my fellow shoppers sent me to HOC ( House of Curios) to update my clown shoes to a decent pair of sneaks, and while I was there, I picked up some bitchin shades, and a pair of boots too.

While I was browsing the shoe store I saw a dude with a pretty good lookin pair of jeans and asked him where he picked them up, he gave me one of those landmark things for a store called WOE. That was to be my next stop, I got in, I was a little discouraged at first, the first thing you see in the store is the women's clothes. I guess that makes sense, the women tend to do the shopping, whether for themselves or dragging there men along..Hey that reminds me a lot of the physical world! Anyway, I wandered to the back of the store, found a decent pair of jeans and bought them up. There was no shoppers in this store to ask for my next stop, so it was time to hit google.

A quick search query "the best men's hair in second life" led me to the Phantom's Republic blog with a list of the top ten mens hair in SL. I scrolled right down to number one, got the name of the store and entered it right into my second life search. I went over to Uncle Web, great stuff, kinda edgy. While I was there I ran into the dreaded talking tummy I have heard my senior friend mention. Some girl was standing there looking at mens hair while her belly spouted crap about carrots and Vitamins. This my fellow noob is where you learn to use that lovely mute function. Peace and quiet for my shopping. I grabbed a few demo's like another person suggested, putzed around a bit and settled on my hair.

I ran home to try pictures because hey all the blogs got em..and while I was figuring that I out, I had an inspiration.. the new Bill Broadmoor needed a messenger bag. You know that cool over the shoulder man purse where the modern dude can keep his i-pad and his i-phone and his i-whatever, unless of course your Jack Bauer, then its just an over the shoulder bag of ass-kicking. Anyway, I used search again..it's not that hard new guy..you just type in what you want and the machine finds it..and landed myself at a store called Aitui. Confusing little place, but as I was wandering trying to get my bearings, I ran right into the Messenger bags. Look Complete. I can now wander with the cool kids!

Look I tried to do pictures!



No comments:

Post a Comment