Sunday, May 9, 2010

Day 3 and 4

Well thanks to my awesome cable company, I have to combine day 3 and 4 because while I was hard at work doing my research and hitting the freebie places yesterday my internet went out.  It was out for at least 3 hours so I called it a night and decided to pick up with yesterday's mission this morning.

Well yesterday I did a quick search for "free" and "freebie" and I wound up in a few places that should probably be avoided if you want to fit in with the older avatars that you know.  I went to a joint called the freebie dungeon and well there was some scary bad stuff there.  I mean just look at this picture:  
See not pretty.  Yes its free and you shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth and all of that, but with a little effort you can find some very nice gifts as well.  

I made a return trip to the Gnubie Store to give further inspection as I was rushed my first time there, while there is not a huge selection for us men, what is there is very nice quality.  If you are strapped for cash and just starting out, that is where I recommend you head young Avatar.

Now into day 4.  As I have mentioned before, I joined the social network Plurk at the insistence of my friend Sarra, and with the help of the people I have met there, I have managed to advance myself far beyond my age.  New residents, I highly suggest finding a social network and signing up.  Well I decided to ask my plurk people where I had to shop and one member gave me a huge folder of landmarks with shops that cater to the male in second life.

I started to go around looking for places to hit when my "paycheck" comes in for my premium account and I discovered that a lot of the stores tend to leave a little sample at the front of the store for the customers to grab.  I picked up a few shapes and a tshirt that way, and I plan on going back to both of those shops to spend some money once I have a little bit more.  I then noticed a couple of the stores had a discount or outlet area, and if you shop in real life, you know outlet stores are the way to go.

I picked up a nice Sweater and Jacket outfit for 100L and it works great with my bag from the earlier post.  I will share a picture of that here, and end this rather wordy entry with a Happy Mothers Day to all of the mom's who read this.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment