Friday, May 7, 2010

Day 2. The quest for money.

So yesterday, I went  shopping as you all know, and I spent a good chunk of my Linden balance.  Today's quest was to replenish the money I spent yesterday so I could increase the size of my wardrobe, and furnish the nifty little house that was provided to me for having a premium account.  I know that I will be getting my stipend at some point soon, but I would love to have at least one change of clothes today, hence the need for a money hunt.

I remember in my travels yesterday I saw a sign for "how to earn money in sl" at one of the info hubs so I started my journey there.  I popped over, grabbed the instructions and ran home.  First thing on the list? Go premium.  I already did that, so I kept reading, item number two, the linden exchange, but well that means buying it on the visa, sure I can do that, but there is no story there!  Next, get a job or build stuff that people want.  I will probably follow that advice, but that does not solve my problem of wanting money now! Thats it? those are my options? So much for instant gratification! What is a guy to do!

I quickly picked up the phone and called my good friend and semi retired blogger extraordinaire Sarra  and asked for her advice.  Well she told me to look in search for things like camping, free money, and lucky money chairs.   Well I looked up Lucky money chair, and I was dumped in the middle of a lake with no cash to be found.  Ok, maybe the money person rebuilt and moved the chair?  I ran all over the place, peeked in somebodies closet, but alas, no money! Oh well..onto the next.


I went ahead and did a search for free money, and it led me to a place called "money tree island"  Hey this sounds promising!  Now those of you who are familiar with yahoo chat will understand the hell I am about to describe.  I go there, and there are about 30 new people standing there, all trying to get their grubby hands on this free money, and they are all making stupid comments in open chat not talking to each other, just making noise for the hell of it.  At some point I even heard Sloth from the Goonies mention that he likes sex.  Good for you Sloth! If that was not bad enough there are people milling about inviting you to join their awesome group and giving you landmarks to their shops.  While all of this craziness is going on, the money tree island is shouting about clicking their ATM to do a survey and make Lindens in English and Spanish every 15 seconds.  Then in between that we have the announcements from the Lucky Money Chairs..finally found some of those..but they are set to give out one linden every 10 minutes, and there are 40 people competing for five chairs.  Well I suddenly lost my desire for instant money. 

I have half a mind to try this camping thing, but if it is anything like the Money tree island, well I do believe I will live like a Benedictine Monk, traveling the land doing good works with no worldly goods.  I must say this instant money hunt is scarier than the river boat on free buffet night.  I think it is time for me to go ahead and take a building course, and my fellow noobs, I suggest you do the same, it seems much safer than the money chair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment